by Mickey Ferrari, Staff Writer
The Gorilla Position’s ‘guru of gourmet’, Mickey Ferrari debuts her column on this weekend of WrestleMania with two delicious treats that are sure to leave your grappling guests satisfied.
These slammin’ snacks might just be the finisher that your WrestleMania party is looking for… Enjoy!
Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks
1 tube Pillsbury pizza crust
40 pepperoni slices
10 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Optional: marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread pizza dough out on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cut the dough into 10 equal size rectangles.
- Arrange 4 pepperoni slices on each rectangle and top with a mozzarella cheese stick.
- Roll up the pizza dough, enclosing the cheese stick, pinching the seams closed.
- Melt the butter and add the garlic powder and dried parsley. Brush the pizza sticks with the butter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy warm with a side of marinara sauce for dipping if desired.
–3 strips bacon
–¾ pound lean ground beef (we used 93% lean)
–⅓ cup diced onion
–2 tablespoons ketchup
–1 tablespoon mustard
–2 tablespoons chopped pickle
–1 beaten egg
–8 Grands Homestyle Buttermilk biscuits (1 can)
–4 slices cheddar, quartered
–Sesame seeds, for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Cook the bacon. Remove from the pan and drain off most of the fat.
- In the same pan, brown the onion and ground beef.
- Crumble the bacon and stir it into the beef mixture along with the chopped pickle, ketchup, and mustard. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Mix in the beaten egg.
- Roll out a biscuit into a 6-inch circle with the edges thinner than the middle. Place 2 pieces of cheese in the center, then place ¼ cup of the meat mixture on top of the cheese. Press down to compact the filling. Bring the opposite sides of the dough together over the filling, then fold in the rest of the edges until completely sealed. Pat into a circle again and top with sesame seeds, ifdesired.
- Repeat with each of the biscuits until every one is stuffed.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown.
(Editor’s note: Mickey’s Morsels will be a regular Sunday feature at The Gorilla, focusing on recipes, home decor improvements, life tips, and a little taste of the GOOD THINGS in life. We hope you enjoy it and come back for seconds!—RKB.)