FROM THE DESK OF RYAN K. BOMAN, EDITOR IN CHIEF
Welcome in to a quick Monday rundown of some news and notes to start the week, compiled by the Editors of TheGorillaPosition.com.
week of Sept, 24, 2018:
- It’s going to be interesting to see what comes out of ROH Death Before Dishonor this weekend. The event will take place once again from Las Vegas, and with the state of the indy scene recently, it almost feels like you can’t miss any live show… After all, you never know Chris Jericho might show up.
- By the way… three weeks into the season, and my fantasy football team is doing just great! Thanks for asking!
- Tickets for the National Wrestling Alliance’s 70th Anniversary Show are already on sale, and are available at www.nwa70.com. A separate VIP package is also available for the October 21st event, which will take place at tha Nashville Fairgounds. It was announced late last week that Jim Cornette will be providing color commentary on the event. I have already planned my trip, and I’m looking forward to seeing all the NWA legends, past and present, that will be there.
- Thanks to the disrespect he’s routinely shown to the wrestling business, I’ve found myself often rooting (and gambling) against Conor MacGregor, even in his boxing match with fellow motormouth Floyd Mayweather. The brash Irishman will fight once again at UFC 229. This fight definitely has the potential to be one of the biggest events in the promotion’s history. It’s been about two years since McGregor set foot inside the cage and if you’ve been waiting to bet against him like me, these tips for betting on UFC 229 will come in handy because there are a variety of props you can bet on. For example, if you don’t want to bet on who will win each round, just bet on who wins the actual fight. McGregor isn’t the favorite, so that’s an easy pick for me
- A quick shout out to my friend, Air Paris, and all the folks involved with the Superstars of Wrestling Fan Fest down in Rome, Georgia, this weekend. Tons of legends were there, including Jeff Jarrett, Booker T and The Young Bucks, and we were lucky enough t help promote the show. Sounds like it was a very successful event. Wish I could have been there.
- If you haven’t read it yet, please check out TGP Executive Editor Michael Melchor‘s outstanding feature story on Jeff Jarrett. It’s good stuff.
Ryan Boman is the Editor in Chief of TheGorillaPosition.com and a freelance writer whose work has appeared at The Miami Herald, 1Wrestling.com & SB Nation. He can be followed on Facebook, and on Twitter @RyanKBoman